A usb keyboard for my galaxy tab




Was scouring for junk from my home when i came across the USB keyboard from my dad's intel dotstation (see below my blog of Nov 2010, on the subject). Was planning to throw it, but decided to connect it to my galaxy tab through the USB connector that came with the tab. And to my pleasant surprise, a blue cursor appeared on the screen and using the touchpad on the keyboard I was able to move the cursor around, and pretty soon could use the full functionality of the keyboard, including some multimedia keys on the top.

What remained was to see if i could create a ledge on the keyboard where the tab could sit. Designed one and fabricated it from a acrylic sheet with a colleague's help and fixed it up with screws. Now have a kerboard dock at Rs 0.

Feel mighty pleased on various accounts, reusing what was lying around, with android as it gives you the flexibility to use hardware like this (try making anything that is not sold by apple to work with iPad and you will know) and the happiness of creating something like this.

Comments