Justification for Change

I recently changed my SE P1i Phone. It was something that I purchased after much research, and loved it, till the relationship went sour. I have the following notes to make for the change, the disclaimer being that this is a personal experience and may not be the average view.

The problem started with the jog dial behaving crazily, after about 5-6 month of use. A visit to the the service center solved this through a mother board change. My experience with the service center was very poor in terms of delays, excuses etc. Post that, another issue appeared with the touch screen behaving crazily. This again was taken to the service center and sorted out. At this point I decided to get rid of it, and followed through.

My cribs about P1i:
1. Software was slow
2. Would hang, if multitasking
3. Ergonomicaly, I found the scroll wheel not a good input method
4. I wanted a touch screen, but found that also is not the best input method.

What I liked in P1i.
1. Very good handling of connection (switching between WLAN and GPRS) with priority definition.
2. Good email handler in terms of automatic downlaod of email.

Comments