New Phone: New Issues

Got a new Sony Ericsson P1i, after a lot of web research on the model that I wanted, and am quite happy with it. But am still playing and getting used to it for assesing the full potential.

However, activating the GPRS and things that need to be done from the side of the operator always seems to be an issue. I still havent got my settings in spite for working with airtel for last 4 days.

But, my experience with similar issues when I got my Nokia 6300 in June 2007, has made me wiser. Just shorcircuit the 121 helpline folks (who know nothing more than a manual in fornt of them) and get to the back end techies, who are good. Reproducing an email to airtel that seemed to have the desired effect the last time with my 6300.

This always seems to be an issue when a new mode is launched. Both 6300, then, and P1i, now,are the latest in the market.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

This is with reference to my prepaid number that I took on 5 May 2007. Ever since, I have had numerous dialogues with your customer service. I am writing a detailed mail to you to appraise you of the absolute inefficient customer service that you provide when it comes to anything more than a basic telephony.I have already decided to move out of the airtel family, and hence I do not expect any redressal, but if things remain this way, i am sure more would follow.Firstly, I have made numerous request to activate MMS on my phone (I use a nokia 6300), and each time my request comes back with a SMS that it will be done shortly, but nothing happens. It is pointless quoting the reference number of the various complaints that i launched, as there are two many of them and none of them resolved.I also took an Airtel online and Airtel live subscription, but that too is pathetic. Most of the time it is connection not available, try again later, subscribe to packet data first, and all this after having sent umpteen SMSs to activate AO, only to find that it has been disconnected. However, the Rs 5 per day seem to be deducted like clockwork.The answers given by your customer care are like a parrot repeating itself hoarse. They have very poor abilities to listen, followed by even poorer problem solving ability. At the end they can only offer the same solution, like sending a sms to some number with some message, where as my complaint is that i don't get any response. I think repeating the same hardly solves any issues.Lastly, I log into your website hoping to find some technical information on how to configure, but other than beautiful graphics of Shahrukh, there is just about no information (In strong contrast to Hutch). Further, i try to register on your website for My Airtel, and it says mine is an invalid number.So, please so use this feedback to do something about it, though you have already lost me.As of now, neither MMS or AO or GPRS are active, and I have given up trying.

Thanks,
venkat

Comments