your boss and you

Coming to think of it, if you were to sit back and look at yourself you can find the influences of many people; people that are close to you, people that matter and people that shape you!

You are associated with them, probably because you like/ respect them and in this process, you go on to get to know them better. But as you get closer you also begin to see their shortcomings, and things that you don't like about them etc. But hopefully this part is a much smaller part than the whole and you over all do have the respect and the liking.

Now if you were to analyze your own self, you would find pockets of things that you don't like about yourself, but these again are a part of your personality that you want to change but can't.

Now all these rambling thoughts came when I was sitting back and seeing the relationship of my boss with me, and mine with my subordinates. And I was struck by the fact that while my boss built in me all the positive requirements that are needed, I also seem to have inherited the spots that I don't like about him and, to my own horror, I probably realized that these again are the spots that are not going to be liked by my juniors.

And all this happened without too much of a conscious effort. So, the question really is, when we absorb something subconsciously, can you really absorb with differentiation....or is it a bundle, both plus and minus...and you really have no control!

What do you think?

Comments